Ozgur Tarim A.S., one of the leading exporters of dried Turkish vine fruits, relies on X-ray Inspection systems from Safeline to ensure the highest product quality and safety. Eliminating not only metal contaminants but also stones and glass from the fruit, quality is assured before the final packaging of the product.
Founded over 20 years ago, Ozgur now employs 150 people and produces over 25,000 tonnes of dried fruit per year, exporting into European countries including UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Denmark, Spain and Austria, and as far a field as Australia. Their stringent manufacturing procedures and commitment to quality lead them to consider the product inspection solutions available for food processing.
With the primary contaminants being metal and stone, and glass to a lesser extent, an x-ray inspection system from Safeline was selected as it has the capability to detect and eliminate these foreign bodies simultaneously, offering a reliable solution to contamination detection. With five to seven tonnes of fruit being processed an hour Safeline's InspireX R40 bulk flow system (with a 600mm inspection width), was positioned at the end of the processing line before the packaging and casing of the fruit, providing the final quality assurance check.
Installed since August 2006, Mr Halil Adali the General Manager commented: "The Safeline x-ray inspection system has been very easy to use and was installed into our existing production line with minimal adjustment. The reliability of the system has been very good, exceeding our expectations." Fitted with a multi flap reject mechanism, the detected contaminants along with minimal good product is rejected.
Ms Bilge Taskin from the quality assurance team remarked: "We are very satisfied with the performance of the InspireX R40 bulk flow system, running at a capacity of six to seven tonnes per hour, with successful detection of not only metal but also quartz, one of the more common stone contaminants.
Key Benefits of InspireX bulk flow systems:
- Assurance of product quality and brand protection
- Highest hygiene standards in the industry to prevent bio-contamination
- Detection and elimination of metal, stone, bone, glass and high density plastic contaminants
- Multi lane flap reject mechanism to minimise waste and improve productivity
- Automatic product set up in minutes and selfcalibration to maximise uptime
- Easy to retro fit with fully customised conveyors and a choice of in-feed mechanisms
- Optimise throughput with an inspection capacity of up to 12 tonnes per hour, and widths from 300mm to 600mm,(larger sizes are available)
- Full traceability via a unique user sign in system
- Local service and support network with global reach